Friday, October 3, 2008

Athletic Wear




Been meaning to enter posts about athletic apparel... cuz hey, kicks and clothing go hand in hand yes? I probably wont dip into the streetwear scene, instead I'll try to stick to technical sportswear. I kinda missed the boat on all the uniforms from the Olympics this summer.. tons of exciting stuff happenin there... (hmm...actually maybe I WILL backtrack and write about it, theres still quite a few things i wanna get off my chest). 

With all that being said, here are a few images from the Christopher x Reebok Capsule Collection. Some really nice sports fashion ideas going on here. I especially like the colour blocked pants.. dang I gots to get me in those pants! Dun worry E, I want to get into your pants more. ANYWAYS... I think Reebok is definitely on the right track here, updating their heritage, making their look relevant once again. Gotta love the tights under the shorts and those Classic Leathers are looking good on the runway.

Quoted from Hypebeast:

Making his debut at the MAN Fashion East Show in London this past month, designer Christopher Shannon re-engineers vintage Reebok pieces with a contemporary twist to form his collaborative capsule collection. After completing his stay at Central St Martins, Christopher Shannon has been heralded for his re-working of shell suits and sports pieces. He has collaborated with Judy Blame on a project for Comme Des Garcons as well as having pieces stocked at colette Paris.

No comments: